Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Destin, Florida

From our trip to Destin (Easter '08).

Restaurants of Note:


Stinky's Fish Camp
5994 County Road 30-A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
850.267.3053
Lunch/Dinner, No Reservations

Known for their relaxed atmosphere and unbeatable seafood, this place was a huge hit for our family. At first glance, it looks like a hole-in-the-wall, but as soon as you enter you know that this is a restaurant with live music and lots of attitude! They have baked & raw oysters on the half shell, lots of variations on a po-boy, and rockin' specials. I still remember the good ol' southern grits I had there.

Another Broken Egg Cafe
9100 Baytowne Wharf Blvd. A-4
Sandestin, Florida 32550
850 622-2050
Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations for 6+, Call ahead for wait list

Okay, so this is not exactly a "healthy" establishment...in fact, you might have a heart attack if you eat here two days in a row. But it would be worth it, trust me. Scramblers, omelettes, potatoes, pancakes, and waffles, oh my! I think I had the "smothered croissant." I didn't hear one complaint from anyone at our table.


No comments: